September 2017: OCEA delivers “SHIRORO– P185” and "OSE - P186" (OCEA FPB 72 MKII) to the Nigerian Navy
OCEA is pleased to deliver “SHIRORO – P185” and “OSE – P186”, type OCEA FPB 72 MKII, to the Nigerian Navy, delivered in Lagos on 22nd September 2017.
Those 24-meter multipurpose Fast Patrol Boats, are designed to carry out all typical Coast Guards duties such as:
- general presence at sea acting as a deterrent for illegal activities;
- general coastal patrol and police duties within the territorial and economic zone waters;
- fight against piracy and illegal activities such as oil traffic smuggling, crimes, illegal immigration and illegal fishing activities;
- law enforcement at sea;
- protection of the marine environment;
- search and rescue.
“SHIRORO – P185” and “OSE – P186”, will join the three other 24-meter Fast Patrol Boats delivered in 2012 by OCEA: “OKPOKU – P175”, “BOMADI – P176” and “BADAGRY – P177”, as well as a 32-meter Fast Patrol Boat, type OCEA FPB 98 MKI, delivered in 2013: “DORINA – P101”. The fleet will be completed by three additionel FPB72 MKII and two FPB110 MKII.
With their unique operational features and capacities, they will augment the fleets of the Nigerian Navy in their search and rescue operations within the nation’s water fronts both off shore and on shore.
- length:60.00 m
- capacity:40 Crew + 11 Personnel
- speed:15 knots