April 2021: Delivery of the OCEA OSV 190 SC-WB “NNS LANA” for the Nigerian Navy
The Nigerian Navy took possession of its latest and most advanced OSV 190 SC-WB, a hydrographic and oceanographic research vessel from OCEA's line of auxiliary vessels. The vessel will ensure the following missions:
- Coastal and deep-sea scientific research and studies (hydrography, oceanography)
- Fishing control
- Surveillance of the Exclusive Economic Zone
- Assistance and supplies to other boats
- Helicopter winching operation
- Towing of ships.
To carry out her missions, the ship is equipped with high-performance technical and scientific systems and equipment, in particular:
- A deep water multibeam echosounder
- A single beam depth-water sounder
- A side scan sonar
- A current meter
- Means of sampling, storage and analysis of water, fish and sediment
- Laboratory hardware and software
- A 7,60 m Surface Vehicle equipped for data surveys along the coasts in small and very shallow waters.
Thus, OCEA OSV 190 SC-WB NNS LANA is equipped with the most up-to-date, accurate and high-performance sensors, to meet all mission requirements in coastal, deep sea and offshore waters.
- length:60.00 m
- capacity:40 Crew + 10 Personnel and Scientific staff
- speed:14 knots
- endurance:20 days