OCEA launches the « PANGLAO », second multi-role vessel for the Philippine Coast Guards.
The launching of the “PANGLAO”, the Fast Patrol Boat type OCEA FPB72 MKII has been done on Monday 04th June 2018 at the OCEA site in Les Sables d’Olonne, like her sister-ship BORACAY, two months ago. This aluminum FPB is the second of the four ordered by the Philippine Coast Guards to OCEA. She is designed to ensure the typical Coast Guard missions such as:
- Coast Patrol of Territorial and Economic Zone Waters
- Surveillance and Coast Guard operations
- Fishing surveillance operations
- Smuggling, fight against illegal immigration and fishing activities
- Search and rescue operations
- Natural disaster management
- Control of vessels at sea
Entirely designed and built by OCEA, this versatile and competitive 24 m type OCEA FPB 72 MKII is based on the model already operated by the Surinam Coast Guards (2 units) and the Nigerian Navy (7 units) and adapted to meet the operational requirements of the Philippine Coast Guards.
Characteristics of the ship
- Length overall