OCEA launches the « BORACAY », first multi-role vessel for the Philippine Cost Guards
The launching of the “BORACAY”, the Fast Patrol Boat type OCEA FPB72 MKII has been done on Wednesday 25th April 2018 at the OCEA site in Les Sables d’Olonne.
This aluminum FPB is the first of the four ordered to OCEA by the Philippine Coast Guard. She is designed to ensure all typical Coast Guard missions such as:
- Coast Patrol of Territorial and Economic Zone Waters
- Surveillance and Coast Guard operations
- Fishing surveillance operations
- Smuggling, fight against illegal immigration and fishing activities
- Search and rescue operations
- Control of vessels at sea
Entirely designed and built by OCEA, this strong and competitive 24 m type OCEA FPB 72 MKII is based on the model already delivered to the Surinam Coast Guard (2 units) and Nigerian Navy (7 units) and adapted to meet the operational requirements of the Philippine Coast Guards.
Characteristics of the ship
- Length overall