“MALAMAWI” has been launched !
The 3rd Philippines vessel was launched at the OCEA Headquarters.
It was a great emotion to see the “MALAMAWI”, Fast Patrol Boat type OCEA FPB 72 MKII touch the Atlantic Ocean on the 10th of July 2018 for the first time.
This 24m competitive ship is designed to fulfill the same missions as her two first sister ships “BOROCAY” and “PANGLAO”:
- Coast Patrol of Territorial and Economic Zone Waters
- Surveillance and Coast Guard operations
- Fishing surveillance operations
- Smuggling, fight against illegal immigration and fishing activities
- Search and rescue operations
- Natural disaster management
- Control of vessels at sea
The series of this type of vessel will be closed soon for the Philippine. Indeed, the last OCEA FPB 72 MKII shall be launched soon.
Keep in touch, you will see some pictures !
Characteristics of the ship
- Length overall