June 2013: 1st delivery to Coast Guard of the Republic of the Suriname by OCEA: “P201” (OCEA FPB 98 MKI)
The OCEA FPB 98 MKI has been delivered by OCEA to the Coast Guard of the Republic of the Suriname on June 2013.
This 32 m multipurpose Fast Patrol Boat, is designed to carry out all typical Coast Guards duties such as:
- general presence at sea acting as a deterrent for illegal activities;
- general coastal patrol and police duties within the territorial and economic zone waters;
- fight against piracy and illegal activities such as smuggling, crimes, illegal immigration and illegal fishing activities;
- law enforcement at sea;
- protection of the marine environment;
- search and rescue.
This boat and the two fast patrol boats type OCEA FBP 72 MKII that will be also delivered soon are the first means of the new Coast Guard organization in creation by the Republic of the Suriname in order to ensure the Maritime Safety with the aim to develop the blue economy of the country.
- length:32.00 m
- capacity:13 Crew + 1 Personnel
- speed:30 knots