August 2013: 2nd delivery to Coast Guard of the Republic of the Suriname: “P101” and “P102” (OCEA FPB 72 MKII)
Few months after the first delivery to Coast Guard of the Republic of the Suriname, OCEA delivered in August 2013 two new units, “P101” and “P102” type OCEA FPB 72 MKII.
These 24 m multipurpose Fast Patrol Boats are designed to ensure all typical coast guard missions such as:
- surveillance and law enforcement at sea;
- general coastal patrol and police duties within the territorial waters;
- fight against piracy and illegal activities such as smuggling, crimes, illegal immigration and illegal fishing activities;
- protection of the marine environment;
- search and rescue.
With the “P201” already delivered in June, “P101” and “P102” complete the new fleet of the Suriname Coast Guard that will be officially established on the 25th November 2013 (Independence Day). The new service will be primarily tasked with fighting piracy and patrolling Suriname's exclusive economic zone.
- length:24.00 m
- capacity:11 Crew + 1 Personnel
- speed:28 knots